Using InfiNet's 5GHz product range to implement large scale wireless backhaul
Z-NET, Hungary Sector: Service providers
Z-Net is a mid-sized, regional W-ISP provider in Hungary with approximately 5000 end users across their network.
Z-Net is a mid-sized, regional W-ISP provider in Hungary with approximately 5000 end users across their network. With a wide range of customers covering both business and consumer sectors, they offer not only “classic” ISP services such as data connectivity, internet access and web hosting, but also more advanced services including IP Voice, HDTV and IP Surveillance for businesses and the public sector.
Utilising wireless as its main backhaul technology, all of the main data backbone routes operate on licensed frequency bands, thus providing a very high and reliable throughput across the widespread service area of Z-Net.
However, following expansion & growth into new regions, Z-Net also identified the need for a second subsequent layer of high-throughput, 5Ghz links that were able to link the regional hubs to the core backbone.
- To provide regional backhaul routes using 5GHz wireless technology to local PoPs (points of presence) across Hungary;
- To ensure unrivalled reliability of the links across different geographies and climatic conditions;
- To provide a minimum of 200Mbps throughput to all times to prove cost-effective against traditional backhaul technologies;
- To meet minimum latency specifications along the backhaul routes to compensate for the TDMA round-trip delays within the cellular network.
- 10 x InfiLINK 2x2 300Mbps point-to-point links (H08 platform).
- Significantly reduced deployment time over fibre installation and reduced upfront network investment due to product flexibility and ease of deployment;
- Highly efficient and focussed spectrum usage provided maximum bandwidth in a narrow and congested 5GHz spectrum field;
- Supreme reliability of the system provided a viable alternative to fibre deployment;
- Competitively priced products coupled with lower operating costs meant a viable alternative to traditional fixed-line solutions.
Z-Net put all of our “heavy duty” radio equipment through rigorous and extreme testing regimes, and our conclusion with the performance of the InfiNet Wireless equipment is that it is directly comparable to licensed wave radio solutions in terms of throughput, reliability and overall product quality. Overall, we are extremely impressed with the performance and quality of the InfiNet solution.
Gyula Zuber CEO, Z-Net Kft.