InfiNet Wireless, a leading global manufacturer and provider of carrier-grade wireless infrastructure solutions for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access (FBWA) and wireless connectivity, today announced the global launch of its new cost effective, high-capacity Subscriber Terminals. The Subscriber Terminals are the latest additions to the company’s InfiMAN 2x2 point-to-multipoint product range, developed to meet the markets’ growing demands for greater network capacity and affordability.
The new subscriber terminal solutions will initially be available for the 5 GHz frequency bands and can be used for connecting remote locations over longer distances than previously achieved. The terminals can also be deployed in high-density networks allowing partners and customers to connect these locations using the most powerful yet cost-effective wireless solutions in the industry. The aluminum-cast enclosure used for these terminals allows for better protection against the environment and has a number of significant enhancements such as built-in LED indicators for signal strength, as well as for wireless and Ethernet link status. It is smaller and lighter than its predecessor, with more effective wind-load factors and small visual impact, independently of where the unit is physically installed.
This new family of subscriber terminals is fully compatible with InfiNet’s existing InfiMAN 2x2 base stations and all units are equipped with the same set of radio, networking and QoS features as InfiNet’s current and well-proven Smc units, providing the highest spectral efficiency available in the industry, unrivalled operating range and high link reliability.
Some of the additional benefits that customers can expect from this new range of terminals are:
- Quicker Installation, where terminals can be up and running very quickly using our built-in alignment LED’s, thus enabling operators of all types to expedite new customer connections
- Higher availability than ever before, allowing optimised use of the allocated bandwidth to support a number of applications such as data, voice and video, or a combination of any of these streams
- Highly scalable “pay-as-you-grow” approach, ultimately reducing CAPEX and optimising OPEX
- Enhanced reliability, achieved using a completely outdoor carrier-class solution, which is able to operate over an extended range of temperatures
InfiNet’s extended InfiMAN 2x2 product family continues to offer an ideal platform for meeting the needs of Wireless ISPs (who often require multi-megabit capacity) as well as those of large organizations or government authorities looking to deliver a number of applications such as:
- High-Speed local or wide area corporate connectivity (in both PTP and PMP scenarios)
- CCTV and Video surveillance Networks
- Triple-play services
- Long-range Rural Connectivity
“Our R&D efforts have once again been driven by the needs of our partners and customers, who have asked us to provide them with high performance subscriber solutions for both point-to-multipoint and point-to-point topologies”, said Kamal Mokrani, Global VP of Sales & Marketing at InfiNet Wireless. “This latest generation of remote terminals not only increases throughput and reach, without sacrificing the performance and reliability we have come to be known for in the marketplace, but also enables service providers of all types to minimise their OPEX budget by keeping their initial deployment costs very low.”