The Toldy Ferenc Hospital at Cegléd in Hungary provides medical and hospital facilities to nearly 170,000 in- and out-patients across the region. It has grown rapidly in recent years, and the expansion of its facilities has included the acquisition and development of a number of satellite buildings around the city to house many of its specialist departments, although the overall administration of the hospital still resides at the main central facility.
In 2010, the hospital needed to provision a high-throughput and highly reliable link between their main location and one of their satellite clinics some 2km distance from the main hospital, with the ability to support a minimum of a 100Mbps full-duplex capacity and offering 24x7 availability.
- Provide a stable and highly reliable link between main hospital building and satellite clinical centre;
- Required 24x7 operation because of the nature of hospital business;
- Required a minimum of 100Mbps full-duplex bandwidth;
- Needed to be deployed quickly (could not wait for a leased line provision) and cost-effectively (less expense than Free Space Optics).
- InfiLINK 2x2 300Mbps point-to-point solution operating in the 5GHz spectrum.
- High bandwidth, high throughput link;
- Highly reliable for a 24x7 operation even across non-line-of-sight paths;
- Low latency for support of voice and video traffic;
- Attractive price levels compared to traditional leased lines and free-space optic solutions.