Connecting remote training facilities with InfiNet Wireless
NCE Network Consulting Engineering, Italy Sector: Service providers
NCE Network Consulting Engineering Srl. is a company which specialises in the fields of computer security, network infrastructure design and technology-related consultancy services.
NCE Srl. is a company which specialises in the fields of computer security, network infrastructure design and technology-related consultancy services. The company is headquartered in Valverde, Italy and provides the B2B and B2C business sector with a number of technology services but in particular with a focus on ICT solutions and training support to help improve the efficiency and productivity of their customers’ infrastructure.
To support their ongoing operations, NCE identified the need for a high performance, long-range wireless link to connect together two of their corporate sites, some 65 km distant from each other. The link needed be able to transport real-time, bandwidth-intensive multimedia data streams across a line-of-sight (LOS) configuration, as well offering load-balancing and redundant link protection through a separate lower capacity link with automatic failover. In addition, the link needed to be capable of supporting standard Layer2+ features such as VLAN support, IP Routing and QOS, with the main link acting as a connection between two Cisco LAN/WAN switches supporting rapid STP (SpanningTree Protocol).
- To deliver a reliable, high bandwidth wireless link across a 65 km Line-of-Sight span;
- To be able to deliver real-time, multimedia and IP services across the link;
- To overcome RF spectral frequency pollution to provide high bandwidth in excess of 30 Mbps.
- InfiLINK 2x2 Series MIMO;
- 2 x R5000-Om 200mw external antenna backhaul elements.
Business and Technical Benefits
- High capacity (50 Mb/s+) minimum real throughput over 65+ km range;
- Software-programmable frequencies minimises cost and allows flexibility in deployment and upgrade scenarios;
- High reliability and spectral frequency optimisation;
- Support for L2+ features (IP Routing, QoS, VLAN and rapid STP) across Cisco networking.