Northbound Interface (NBI) - is a InfiMONITOR's programming interface for integration with the higher-level NMS (Network Management System). Thus, NBI allows to perform integration to the existing monitoring infrastructure.
Integration with InfiMONITOR is performed through software. For more detailed information please refer to the documentation of your NMS.
Northbound interface is implemented as REST API, through which the following data can be obtained from InfiMONITOR:
- Lists of:
- Links - represented as hosts, interfaces and vectors. Vector is a part of link acting in one direction. Each link consists of two vectors for up and down streams.
- Hosts - represented as hosts name and UUID.
- Interfaces - represented as interfaces name, UUID and IP-address.
- Vectors - represented as UUID and link type.
- Events - generated for host in accordance with the rule.
- The current parameters values obtained during the last polling cycle:
- Parameters values for the specified time period:
In order to obtain the link to the NBI go to the section "Settings" → "System" → "Integrations". For authorization use the access key noted in the "API key" field.
Find out more about REST API structure through the link above. Here you can manually execute queries for which you need to authorize with "API key".