The "Events" subsection allows InfiMONITOR operator to receive information from all the events generated according to events generation rules.
It is divided into several sections:
- List - main section, which shows all links added to InfiMONITOR, including their main parameters values
- Accumulated events - the full list of all accumulated identical events, merged into one list
- Events details - detailed information about the event
- Affected rule - information about the rule, which have been used to generate event.
InfiMONITOR automatically removes outdated events. More information you can find in the section Events management.
All events are displayed in two modes which could be switching by two buttons:
- "Live" - a list of events in real time shown in strictly chronological order. By default, only last 50 events are shown, but this view could be expanded up to 200 via "Max. show count" switch
- "History" - history track of all generated events shown in sequence specified by the operator of InfiMONITOR.
For each event the following options are shown:
- "Status" - an event status. Each event receive certain status to help operator of InfiMONITOR to resolve the issues:
- "New" - is set automatically for all newly emerging events. It indicates that the event has not been acknowledged or resolved
- "Acknowledged" - is set manually by operator of InfiMONITOR. It indicates the event has been acknowledged, also work on this event is in progress or the event does not require any response
- "Aged" - is set automatically for events that have not been acknowledged and resolved within 24 hours. The "Aged" status also could be set manually. In case the event has occured again before assignment of "Aged" status, then the countdown for "Aged" status starts again
- "Resolved" - is set automatically for the resolved events, because the occurrance reason has been recovered. It also can be set manually
- "Severity" - priority is set from the events generation rules which have been used to generate the event
- "Name" - object where the event has occurred. Only host or wireless link could be used as object
- "Rule" - rule which has been used to generate event
- "Description" - event message, is set according to events generation rules
- "First seen" - date and time when the event has occured for the first time
- "Last seen" - date and time when the event has occured for the last time
- "Count" - number of the event occurrences
Event status change
To change the event status, right-click on it and select the "Set status" link, to set the desired status.